Last week the 24th BEREC (Body of European Regulators for Electronic Communications) Plenary in Riga took place, chaired by Prof. Fátima Barros, President of the Board of ANACOM (Portugal).
On 30 September 2015 in Riga, prior to the 24th BEREC Plenary Meeting, BEREC organised a plenary workshop, which was dedicated to the following 2 topics:
- price transparency and regulatory oversight regarding cross border parcels delivery;
- migration to all-IP networks.
During the plenary meetings, the BoR approved for publication the following reports:
- BEREC International Roaming Benchmarking Report October 2014 – March 2015
- BEREC Report on Regulatory Accounting in practice 2015
- BEREC Report on Common Characteristics of Layer 2 WAP in the EU
- BEREC Report on the Public Consultation on Document “Common Characteristics of Layer 2 Wholesale Access Products in the European Union”
Moreover, BoR approved for public consultations the following documents:
- Draft BEREC Work Programme 2016 (from 2 October – 30 October)
- Draft BEREC Report on equivalent access and choice for disabled end-users (from 2 October – 30 October)
- Draft BEREC Report on OTT services (from 5 October to 2 November 2015);
- Draft BEREC Report on Enabling IoT (from 5 October to 6 November 2015)
BEREC has also decided to organise a public hearing on its draft Work Programme 2016 and on the draft Report on IoT during the forthcoming 3rd meeting of the BEREC Stakeholder Forum on 15 October 2015 in Brussels. In accordance with BEREC’s policy on public consultations, the BoR will publish reports summarising how stakeholders’ views have been taken into account, together with all individual contributions, taking into account stakeholders’ requests for confidentiality (if any).
Written by ROCCO sourced from berec.europa.eu
ROCCO will publish a series of articles highlighting Roaming related news from BEREC in the coming days.