THE LEADING SMS FIREWALL VENDORS OF 2017
ROCCO HQ London 6/11/17 Our research has been concluded, the results have been checked and verified and we are pleased to announce the Tier One Providers in SMS Firewall for 2017.
SMS Firewall is a service with a growing appeal for MNOs. Especially when even with all the best endeavours of an MNOs fraud and security department, its just not an MNOs primary business to keep ahead of the trends in SMS fraud and how this is impacting subscribers. Clearly OTTs are in the picture for A2P SMS services today and Mobile Engagement in general is diversifying but A2P SMS is still the most important and major type of Mobile Engagement with the widest appeal. An SMS Firewall is crucial to the monetisation of these services. Don’t listen to us, just hear it directly from the MNOs who take part in our research. Said one MNO in this survey…
“Protection against intrusion that may jeopardise the privacy of our customers” it’s a major theme throughout our research.
An SMS Firewall can be used for protecting both incoming as well as outgoing messages making sure that a MNO’s network is not being abused by third parties. Primarily SMS Firewall has been used for keeping out spam SMS and/or A2P SMS. Some of the newest vendors in the market right now only focus on A2P SMS filtering for e.g. grey routes in order to maximise the monetisation of A2P SMS.
Here is a short version of what a SMS Firewall can handle:
- Anti-Spamming – Block unsolicited SMS messages to a subscriber
- Anti-Flooding – Block large amounts of messages to one or more destinations
- Anti-Faking – Stop messages where the addresses of the messages have been manipulated
- Anti-Spoofing – Stop messages using illegally the SMS-C address of the MNO by manipulating the A-number
- Comparison of calling SCCP addresses, origin number and MAP SMS-C addresses
- White-listing – Allowing certain messages to go through based on specific rules
- Monitoring and reporting – detection of fraudulent messages, alarming and blocking for fraudulent messages based on criteria defined by the MNO
- and much much more…
Congratulations to all four Tier One providers who performed so well across the performance and leadership categories! Tier One means that across all categories these providers reached 4-5 points out of 5.
SMS Firewall Vendor Performance Report 2017
Between August and October 2017 we asked MNOs globally to give us their perceptions of SMS Firewall Vendors, how well they knew them and how they would rate them. They rated Vendors on 30+ KPIs in the area of Performance, Value and Leadership. The survey was about brand perception, experience of these providers as well as an understanding of whether MNOs would choose them over others. There were 15 Vendors which invited tough competition.
Operators who participated in the Research will receive their free Executive Summary Report today, thanks for your support and feedback, we hope you enjoy the data and insights into the Vendors.
Congratulation to all the Vendors who were recognised in the report!
Buy the Strategic Analysis Version here
OTHER RESEARCH STUDIES WE ARE DOING FOR MNOs to complete