Facts about Wi-Fi and Internet
- “Although growth was flat for some of the traditionally strong vendors and regions in 2Q14, the worldwide enterprise WLAN market remains strong as technological innovations, along with increasing network demands, drive investments in network infrastructure” – Worldwide Networking Trackers Research Manager Petr Jirovský
- The Asia Pacific enterprise wireless local area network market rose by 10.5% year over year in Q2 2014
- The North American enterprise wireless local area network market decreased by 1.2% year over year in Q2 2014
- The Latin American enterprise wireless local area network market rose by 35.4% year over year in Q2 2014
- 86% of tablets require a wifi connection to access the internet
- Today the number of networked devices roughly equals the global populations, by 2015, this will double!
Nice video related: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqA3tgoxNGc