Making Roaming work since 1995. Jason has worked for two Operator Groups, a small Operator and two industry vendors and is experienced in Strategy and Commercial decision-making. Jason has chaired GSMA Roaming Innovation Group and won four industry awards for Innovation and ideas.
Skills and Expertise
Strategy, Roaming Regulation, M2M (Connected Living, Embedded Mobile), Open Connectivity (Roaming Hubbing, RAEX) 4G (LTE), GSMA (RING, AGREE, RHSG, BARG), AA.14, Aeronautical and Maritime Roaming, NRTRDE, Network Extensions, Dual IMSI, Interstandard Roaming.
- Founder of ROCCO Consulting Company
- Projects related to Strategy and the application of models to define robust Strategic Plans
- Project Plans and Implementation Roaming Hubbing Solutions
- Project Plans and Implementation for Roaming Regulation.
Principal Manager Commercial Planning and Business Analysis at Vodafone Roaming Services: April 2009 – August 2012 (3 years 6 months)
- Helping the management team deliver its Strategy for Roaming.
- Creating a Central Roaming Team for Vodafone. Group approach to Roaming.
- Developing Contractual relationships between VRS and Vodafone Operating Companies.
- Developing Roaming Hubbing from concept to reality for Vodafone Operators and VRS Roaming Hubbing Clients.
- Managing Roaming Regulation for the Commercial Team.
- Delivering M2M Footprint.
- Supporting Vodafone in meeting its GSMA Strategy and in providing Business Intelligence.
Roaming Innovation Group Chair and Deputy Chair at GSM Association: March 2005 - May 2009 (4 years 3 months)
- Chair of the GSMA RING Group. In my time as chair we moved from the Roaming Information Group to a wider scope and work area looking at Innovation.
- The group had evolved as one of the core sub-Groups of the GSMA Working Party BARG where innovations in Roaming where being discussed as the dominant topics.
- During this period we covered Roaming Hubbing, RAEX Network Extensions, Non Terrestrial Roaming, Infocentre Developments and Marketing developments.
- The group delegation doubled in this period and became transcontinental in its meeting locations seeking support from a much wider base of GSMA members.
Roaming and Interconnect Manager at Cloud 9 Mobile Communications Limited: December 2007 - March 2009 (1 year 4 months)
- Head up the Roaming and Interconnect Team for Cloud 9 in Gibraltar and Isle of Man.
- Dealing with all related supplier relationship, delivering in and out bound roaming for the Group.
- Cibernet merged with MACH.
- I was working within MACH as a Product Manager for Roaming related Projects specifically Open Connectivity.
- Chair of GSMA BARG subgroup RING and Deputy Chair GSMA TADIG subgroup AIR.
- Headed up a team of Consultants for Roaming, putting the right resources within roaming teams to meet specific roaming requirements, building and IOT, testing IR.24, IR.32, IR.35, TADIG…
- Helped create Internet based interfaces for Roaming Agreement Delivery in the most efficient and project managed way.
- Developing strategies and pioneering tools to increase efficiency and reduce cost within O2 (UK) roaming teams.
- Project Manager for the delivery of all roaming services. Manage Roaming Co-ordinator and operational deliverables.
- Liaison for Starmap Alliance and O2 Group of companies.
- Negotiations with operators on IOT, discounting deals and traffic direction tools.
- Represent O2 (UK) internationally at BARG GSMA Working party also Deputy Chair of RING.
- Functional Review Manager across O2 for Carrier Services in projects for new products and services such as 3G, I- Mode and HSDPA.
- Negotiation and development of roaming contracts with operators across all CS and PS services. Including negotiation of pricing and payment, fraud and fault reporting, legal and confidentiality agreements.
- Demonstrated successful delivery skills and revenue growth in voice and data. O2 became UK market leader in roaming agreements under my co-ordination and I particularly enjoyed being part of this success.
- Represented O2 networks at GSM Association Plenary meetings.
- Pioneered and created a management tool for maintenance of agreements. This was successfully rolled out business-wide, revitalising the current working procedures and streamlining processes, freeing up approx. 50% resource time. The tool was enhanced to cover new services.
- In 2001, received a ‘Trailblazer’ award for delivery of agreements.
Honours and Rewards
- 2006: GSMA Outstanding achievement award for my work in RING Group.
- 2008: GSMA Outstanding achievement award for contribution to RAEX, Infocentre Improvements etc. as Chair of RING in 2008.
- 2011: RING Leader 2011 for Leadership and Innovation from the GSMA RING Group.
- 2012: GSMA Outstanding Achievement award for contribution towards Compliancy Programme in GSMA.
Independent Study: Strategic Breakthroughs Cranfield University
University of Leeds: BA, English, 1993 – 1996
Wilberforce College, Hull: A Levels, Design, Art, English, Economics, General Studies, 1988 – 1992